Multidisciplinary services from masterplan cost consultancy, planning and through to construction completion for Phase 1, delivering the initial 534 homes, a library and community building.
This complex regeneration project provides 534 homes, a library and community building for Peabody as Phase 1 of the wider Abbey Wood South Thamesmead Regeneration Masterplan. The scheme provides extensive public realm, including a central public square overlooking Southmere Lake.
Initially, we were appointed as cost consultant for the masterplan for approximately 3,800 residential units, commercial and leisure space. We were then appointed as project manager and design manager to deliver four planning applications simultaneously; one detailed planning application for 525 dwellings and community building and three outline applications for 1,000 further units as part of the Thamesmead masterplan.
Following successful delivery of the four planning applications, we acted as Employer’s Agent for the delivery of Phases 1A, 1B and the Library, and as Project Manager and Cost Consultant for Phase 2 to deliver a reserved matters application.
Southmere Village Phase 1 has been honored with several prestigious awards, including:
- Housing Design Awards 2017 – Regeneration Award Winner
- National Housing Awards 2019 – Best Scheme in Planning (30+ homes) Highly Commended
- Inside Housing Development Awards 2021 – Best regeneration scheme (urban) Shortlisted
- First Time Buyer Award 2021 – Best First Time Buyer Apartment Highly Commended
- First Time Buyer Award 2021 – Best New Development in the South Shortlisted
- Evening Standard Award 2021 – Best Regeneration Project Winner
- Landscape Institute Awards 2021 – Excellence in Horticulture and Planting Design Winner
Employer’s Agent/Contract Administration
CDM/Health & safety
“Silver have provided an excellent level of service across the projects I have worked with them on in Southmere. They are client focused and have a strong team with a range of skills and experience that has provided added value to the projects they have worked on.”
David Llewellyn Director of Delivery – Peabody