The Silver Difference
Our highly experienced team aims for innovative, practical and cost-effective solutions for anything from boundary issues relating to congested sites, party wall alterations, new wall constructions, basement excavations, loft conversions and building up to the boundary line. They work on behalf of the building owner and the adjoining owner to agree the ‘time and manner’ of works whilst protecting each party’s legal rights.
Party wall matters have been a speciality of Silver since its establishment in 1945. Originally acting under the London Building Act 1939 and, subsequently, the Party Wall etc Act 1996 which extended its provisions to England and Wales, our team has continued to thrive and expand. Today, we provide advice on projects ranging from mega basements to large regeneration developments, new build and refurbishment, including luxury residential, for public and private clients. The team’s understanding of the complexities involved provides clients with a straightforward service, aimed at ensuring that the required awards are completed on time and unnecessary delays and additional costs are avoided.
Our areas of expertise
- Acting on behalf of the Building Owner (Developer) in relation to their work
- Acting on behalf of the Adjoining Owner (Neighbour) pursuant to Notices being served upon them
- Safeguarding the Adjoining Owner’s building during the course of the works
- Agreeing crane, scaffold and access licences on behalf of both the Developer and the Neighbour(s)
- Carrying out accurate schedules of condition pre-works and reviewing them post works
- Instructing and reviewing vibration and ground monitoring specifications
“Liam and his team acted as Party Wall Surveyor on our first Phase for 105 apartments and most recently on our second / third Phases delivering a further 796 apartments in the Royal Docks. There were many awards, both freeholder and leaseholders which were swiftly concluded with Silvers being on hand and easily contactable to resolve questions as and when they arose at every step of the way. At Mount Anvil Limited we have used Silvers as Party Wall Surveyor in the past at Dollar Bay and would have no hesitation using again on future projects.”
Senior Technical Manager, Mount Anvil
Please fill in the form below
Please fill in the form below and a member of our team will get in touch.